Re: " Ten pounds of Charcoal and check the oil, mate ....... "

To: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: " Ten pounds of Charcoal and check the oil, mate ....... "
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:40:26 -0700
Bill, List,
That would tie in with the article I read on some psychologists who are
claiming that those who spend more than one hour a day at their computers
are literally frying their brains.  Something to do with compulsive behavior
and addiction that is needing treatment just as much as other psychological
disorders.  The author claimed that such people are disassociation
themselves from their families, living in a fantasy world of their own
creation where the people they interact with on the computer become more
important than those in their own household.  Teens who show the symptoms
are categorized as are adults and also senior citizens.  There was quite a
litany of classifications by age, gender, time spent each day, whether they
were playing games or were interacting on chat rooms or E-mail ... and more
categories.  I have tried to find it to post here but with no luck.
The inventor of the internet ... our own private and personal "dealer."  I'm
surprised the government didn't bring that up in the Microsoft trial too.
Wes