Re: Fuel and Gas Class

To: Jim Dincau <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel and Gas Class
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:24:27 -0700
Jim,
I suppose this rear steer idea is perpetuated because of the problems
encounter with steering the front drive car. You probably remember Bill
Summers front drive streamliner (polliwog), it was front drive, front
steer, and looked like it was swimming until it reached about 200 MPH.
Steering movement is greatly magnified, when steering drive wheels. Of
course this car had the rear wheels in tandem. Walkey's car seems to go
straight from the push board.

I can't understand why rear steering should not be allowed. I have seen
some pretty strange stuff on the Salt. Rope steering, vision by
periscope to mention a couple. If it becomes a safety issue, then bar
the car.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC