Re: Halon

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Halon
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 10:19:37 +1200
Just a quickie on the Halon subject team. Its being banned or phased out
because it is ozone depleting. Not to much of a worry in the northern
hemisphere, but down here in New Zealand and Australia where the major
ozone depletion problem manifests itself as a huge hole in the ozone layer
and getting bigger every year letting in ultra violet sunlight, it is
having a very real effect on people's health. A week out in the sun at
Bonneville is not a great problem taking the usual precautions. Two full
days of exposure down here will burn the skin right off you without
protection.

I had a real battle importing my onboard fire system which is the new
Coldfire 302. Had to produce the reports on all aspects of the product
before it was accepted. It is an excellent product and environmentally very
safe.

Would all Halon users please send me a hat and burn cream with each refill.

Chris Harris.  New Zealand.