Re: A/GT Class rule on fuel tank

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: A/GT Class rule on fuel tank
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:58:00 -0700
I have been wracking my brain on this problem also. I had my stock tank cut
apart by an aircraft Co. in LA and made into a fuel cell, but now that the foam
is getting old I also need to deal with replacement. I have decided to put a 5
gal cell in, but not sure where. It could go under the rear deck, but would be
impossible to fill without re-locating filler neck, most likely on the rear
deck. (is this legal?) One viable option, if you make your own tank, is to
locate it in  the cavity in front of the radiator, making it long, wide and
short.. I am working on this option. With the tank only 5 in high, it would not
block much of the radiator. Still, I hate to loose 14-20% of my cooling area.
Another thing in my noodle is to use the stock tank as a water tank. (any other
person have experience in this area?) The area on the frame, behind the radiator
is also a good area to mount pumps & filter. It sure would be nice to do it he
"Right" way and put it where the stock tank is.............
Ed Van Scoy
#128 '85 Corvette