Re: Spoiler/Wing, Dynamic/Active aids.

To: <dkveuro@flash.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spoiler/Wing, Dynamic/Active aids.
From: "Mike Jenkins" <MikeJ@speedrecordclub.softnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:37:43 -0000
Don,

SSC is legal because what the active system does is to optimise the attitude
of the whole vehicle to the ground, not just a wing.
 The FIA actually have a class for Ground Effect Vehicles which are defined
as 'Vehicles which take a bearing on the ground by the means of a
pressurised air cushion, magnetised levitation or similar means'. I guess
this class is for hovercraft or possibly 'Wing in Ground Effect' vehicles
like the Russian 'Ekranoplans'.

Mike Jenkins