Re: On line chat topic

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: On line chat topic
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@amoproductions.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:19:44 -0700
Malcom,

First off here is my quarters worth that is made of of 20 pennies and a nickel,
Malcom I truly believe that you are sniffling over what you have yet to
accomplish
a land speed record. Either FIA or any other sanctioning body. I cant believe
you
would take away in some cases a lifetime dream, and the history of the
Bonneville
Salt Flats, and the participants.  These times, and speeds have always been
recognized as World Land Speed Records, and the titles from the successful
people
at Bonneville should not be taken away. Im just wondering if you have some of
the
"we are better than you" feeling going on. I believe that if you were allowed to
run at bonneville with your vehicle, and you set a record according to the
sanctioning body that runs the events at Speedweek, World Finals, etc. etc you
too
would be claiming a world land speed record too, you wouldn't be claiming a
local
record in the USA.
I would sure like you to come to the USA and Bonneville, and tell the people
that
have been out there for over 40 years running at Bonneville and tell them their
"World Land Speed Records" are garbage and arent recognized by anyone other than
stateside
I guess I threw in a few more pennies that I found in the cushions of the couch

Jonathan Amo