Re: Driveshaft

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driveshaft
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:07:01 EST
In a message dated 02/23/2000 8:50:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@netscape.net writes:

<< What do ya'll think of running a 2" od extra thick wall driveshaft in our
 flathead powered modified roadster? It would give a little extra room. And
do
 you know who would sell this kind of driveshaft? Phil

Phil,
    My MR driveshaft is a little bigger, 2 1/2"-3" as I recall, but I think
that most driveshaft specialty shops could make you one out of about any size
tube that would take the HP. Remember, the 1908 to 1948 Ford driveshafts were
a solid 1" bar turning inside a hollow torque-tube. The only limit might be
the size tube that your couplers would require..............Ardun Doug in CA