Re: CHECKING CUBES

To: lemay@hiwaay.net, dwarner@electrorent.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CHECKING CUBES
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:50:18 EST
       Mayf ,     I   should have stated the procedure more clearly
---------   A
thermometer was inserted into the spark plug hole of the cylinder being
measured
and allowed to soak for a  ( specified )  time ,  and then removed
IMMEDIATELY
before attaching the line to the air pump  .       Often times, several
cylinders were
checked ,  as one area racer competed with an engine that had  ONE  smaller
bore cylinder, out of eight ,  and  you know which cylinder he was quick to
pop the
plug out of   IF  a check was called for  !     He got away with it for a
while ,  until
he had a falling out with one of his crew members ,  who proceeded to  " drop
dime "  on him  .   He  was probably a big  Smokey  Yunick  fan ,  like  many
of
us were ---------  and  STILL  are !
       Seems to me that taking the  AMBIENT  temperature would be pretty much
irrelevant to the procedure  -----------  but  might be needed as a baseline
compare combustion chamber temp to  -----------  think we need a little input
from
our list' s  deep  thinkers  --------   come to think of it ,  when doctor /
nurse takes
OUR  temp -------  HOW  relevant is the  AMBIENT  temp  ?
                    Bruce  F .  where  AMBIENT  was  AGREEABLE  today