Re: Snow vs. cold

To: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Subject: Re: Snow vs. cold
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:03:04 -0700
Trivia:
One of the largest salt deposits (and mine) in the US is located below Avery
Island,
LA (yes, the Tabasco folks) Also, huge mines are located below Detroit and
Cleveland.
There is a mine just about 25 miles from my house located here in the vast
desert
wasteland. Only 4% of US salt mine use is for human consumption, the remainder
roads
& industrial. Now if they just dumped all that salt on the surface and smoothed
it
over......
Ed
Where a cold snap hit yeaterday and it only hit 72 Deg.