Re: Of Maxton snow & suspension & Myrtle Beach

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Of Maxton snow & suspension & Myrtle Beach
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:16:12 -0700
John, List,
Lets see, there are those aluminum billet front tires/wheels, there is a
gilmer belt drive to the rear wheels, the driver is inside and ahead of the
engine ...!  I'll bet you could put skis on the front for steering without
too much trouble, the only problem would be drive wheel traction and some
paddle tires like they use for sand drags could help solve that.
Wonder if you could find studded snow tires that wouldn't lose the studs at
speed?  (That could be a trip!)   I wouldn't expect 200 but I'll bet it
would be some fast ride!
We could get snowmobile racer/car builder Ray Henrie together with Roy Steen
(Herbert/Steen 'liner) in Idaho Falls, ID, they both live near each other,
and with some consultation from Gene Burkland who built the Jaz 'liner in
the first place they could come up with a very fast machine.
Maybe next year at Maxton?  Possibly an Olympic Sport?  Snow streamliner ice
racing on Willard Bay, a diked fresh water area of the Great Salt Lake?
Boggles the mind.  Rick Vesco has a shop selling snowmobiles just four miles
from there, wonder what the Vesco Brothers could come up with?  Gas turbine
powered?  Wow!
Next we could have streamlined bar-stool races with studded snow tires!
Wonder what Terry Nish would say about that?
Wes ... in Utah, site of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games
<dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>