Re: Rules

To: "Mike Manghelli" <mmanghel@hughes.net>
Subject: Re: Rules
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:01:13 -0500
    Mike

    Welcome to the list. Its nice to have the PREZ with us.

    The SCTA, and the host of volunteers who actually perform the work, do a
truly amazing job putting on Bonneville, El-Mirage and Muroc events. And in
my eleven years of racing Bonneville has continually gotten better. I think
most of us would also be willing to help and insure the continuation of the
sport, but distance prevents that from happening. Maybe this list, and
modern communication, will fill some of that gap.

    Many of us who live in other parts of the country (WORLD) and/or who
have joined LSR later in our racing careers, don't always understand the
history behind certain situations or rules. Dan & Glenn (two names that come
quickly to mind) who have been involved in this sport for many years have
tremendous insight that the rest of us have not been privy to. We really
appreciate their comments, guidance and help.

    Rules probably will always be a topic worth discussion as long as there
is racing. There is to much, to little, their not clear, their administered
to closely or not closely enough. Just depends on who you talk to. To my way
of thinking the best we can do is continue to clarify. And this list has
been a great forum in that arena.

    One thing I here so frequently at Maxton is that LSR is so much fun.
Racers/members like what LSR has to offer, the variety of classes, the
innovation, hey and the camaraderie too. We now have at least thirteen new
cars being built for land speed competition on the east coast. This sport is
growing and I for one am happy to be a part of it.

    Please convey our sincere appreciation to all the SCTA volunteers who
work so hard to make such a great event.

    John Beckett, "Tobacco is a Vegetable", LSR #79