RE: Getting the salt off

To: "'Gene Brauninger'" <genesds@ic.net>,
Subject: RE: Getting the salt off
From: "Parks, David" <David.Parks@lfr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:36:19 -0800
I broke my previous "new" motorhome in by taking it on the salt. What a
mistake! After trading in what was left of it a few years later, I swore
that our new new motorhome will never get within 100 miles of salt.
No matter how well you clean off the salt, it always seems to make it to
places you can't find.
And it seems to encourage everything to rust and keep on rusting even after
you wash it off (several times). And that's just the salt under the vehicle.
You also track in tons of the stuff when you get in and out. I tried "Salt
Away" after the last trip to Bonneville, and I think it really helps to
flush salt residue off the outside, but if you plan on keeping your
motorhome for a while, I suggest NOT taking it on the salt.  Or maybe rent
one...