Re: Belly tank

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Belly tank
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 19:00:00 -0500
List,

  All this talk about belly tanks reminded me of one that I found in the
woods last fall.  This one actually fell off an aircraft, but didn't appear
to be damaged. (may have been there since the trees were smaller)  It was
smallish, at about 24-30" in diameter and 7-8 feet long. (front was stuck in
the ground, but there aren't any rocks around here so I doubt it hit
anything solid)  Anyone do things with one this small?  I guess I could drag
it out of the squirrel woods, but it would'nt be worth the effort unless it
was good for something.

Chuck "Always on the prowl for parts" Rothfuss
ECTA #9
Formerly ECTA #510 & 4
SCCA/BNI #517
THSCC #5 (Same number as "Speed Racer")
Pole Cat Hollow, NC  where car parts fall from the sky