RE: LSR

To: "'V4GR@aol.com'" <V4GR@aol.com>, dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com,
Subject: RE: LSR
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:01:27 -0700
I guess it's easy to loose sight of things like all the trick parts required
for a one-off engine type. As for my brother and myself, we did almost all
of the work on the car. I built the engine myself (albeit most of the parts
are available off the shelf), the transmission, I designed, fabricated, and
welded the entire tube chassis myself (from 10 ft sections of tubing- not a
kit). My brother designed and fabricated the rear spoiler, we both built the
front spoiler. Doug fabricated all of the really neat little trick parts for
the car from the Carbon Fiber dashboard and switch panel, to the parachute
handle, coolant fittings/ idler plate spacers, parachute mount, headers,
overflow tanks, radiator mount, fuel shutoff , throttle cable, and return
spring brackets, window braces, and a lot more. What also made the task
difficult was the fact that he was 3000 miles away when fabricating all of
these parts, relying only on templates and measurements taken while here in
California. Believe me, we both respect quality fabrication work along the
lines of Burkland's Streamliner, Chauvon Emmons' AFMR and others. My
perspective is if you are going to fabricate all kinds of trick goodies, you
might as well invest the time in effort into something that can go as fast
as you can afford to build.

        Darrell Ferguson
        BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
        # 939 BBFALT