Sum Fun Roadster

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Sum Fun Roadster
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:54:37 -0400 (EDT)
I'm curious about Chuck Salmen's car.  Has anything been published about
its building and development, or does anyone on this List know its
technical detail?  I gather that it has a large BB Chev (injected?) gas
engine that is dead reliable, that it runs up and down the Salt Flats at
250 mph like a train with safety and stability, that it is one of the
most professionally designed and built cars out there.  That it is
ballasted ideally.

That car must be a blast to drive, and it would make an illuminating
study.

Proceeding with a small gas tank in front of the engine of our Maxton
XXF/GR, and relocating the Hilborn pump to the timing cover, to simplify
the injection system and get the fuel above the pump, with short hoses.
Cheers,  ArdunBill