Gas up

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net land-speed@autox.team.net"
Subject: Gas up
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 00:39:57 -0600
Hi,
I can second the comments on the Gas Up, some interesting people there and
good times visiting with them.
We made it over to the Far Western, not knowing what to expect, and had a
great time there...the food is wonderful.  I don't know where they find that
kind of steak with todays feed lot situation.  Thanks Mayf for the heads up.

Tom Bryant also made it over to Guadalupe with his party.  They had the
added attraction of seeing a target missle launch from Vandenberg that was
later shot down far out over the Pacific.  It must have been spectacular!
After 40 hours of driving in six days moving a daughter to L. A. and two
trips from there up to Lompoc/Buellton I am tired of the Jeep. It is great
for towing a trailer and those extended drives.  I'm glad to turn it back
over to my Wife.
We drove home on I-15 from St George in rain showers and wild winds but I
can't tell if they hit the salt or not.  The Pearblossom highway was very
windy too as we went through Lancaster.
We have a meeting of the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association at seven tonight
and will have the final word on the World of Speed refunds.
Wes