Re: Inspection

To: "David Haile (ICG Software)" <dhaile@woodward.com>
Subject: Re: Inspection
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:06:23 -0600
David,
Usually people run test on the dry lakes or at an ECTA meet before coming to
the salt.  There is an area set aside for some runs but usually it is small
and not a situation where you want to depend on it for basic set up and
tuning.  We find that many of the records set at World of Speed are the
result of tuning and preparation at Speed Week five weeks earlier.  We used
to have a July test and tune meet but the pumping project ended that...too
wet...the pumping goes on until April 30.  Come on out to World of Speed and
see racers and talk to them.  That way you can get a feel for what is going
on.  We also have the 130 and 150 clubs where you can feel your way into the
higher speeds.  That's the intent of those set ups.  Check www.saltflats.com
for more information.  Ask more questions...always happy to try  and answer
them.
Wes   USFRA secretary