RE: Hemi Pipes

To: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>,
Subject: RE: Hemi Pipes
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
Your probably right John.  There's a point where
nostalgia has to take a back seat to the true
goal, and I should be following good advice and
using common sense.  But then, my common sense
has been questioned more than once.  If I end up
using the Dodge Daytona body, then headers would
be the smart way to go, but if I get that vintage
Renault body, I just can't help but think it has
to have those eight pipes sticking out from under
the chassis with the accompanying sound that goes
with them. With a nearly stock 354, how much
difference can it make anyways?  2-5 mph?  I'm
not planning on actually making the car street
legal and driving it.  I was just going to do
that so I can run the USFRA 150 club. I've
considered not going the street legal route and
just running it at World of Speed in it's proper
class. I eventually want to get all the equipment
needed and see how fast it can go, but I don't
think I can make that budget in one year.  By
doing it this way, I can run Maxton as an under
125 car in the spring with a cage and fire
extinguisher, save some more $$$ through the
summer, get more safety equipment and run USFRA
150 in the fall, save more $$$$ over the winter
to get the rest of the needed safety equipment,
then go for all out at Maxton the next spring and
the same at Bonneville the next fall.  I guess
you could call this my two year plan (dream).
Maxton 2000 = 125 mph;
World of Speed 2000 = 150;
Maxton 2001 = max;
Bonneville Speed Week 2001 = max.

If you see falacies in this, please speak up
because I am taking every grain of advice I get
through this site, and if the zoomies are really
a dumb waste, I'll modify my plan. I have been
printing every posted letter that applies to me
and my car, and putting them in a notebook that I
call my "bible of building and racing". By doing
that, you guys are saving me a lot of mistakes
and wasted money.
Thanks
Dick J

--- John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>