RE: Hemi Pipes

To: Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net>
Subject: RE: Hemi Pipes
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 06:14:31 -0700 (PDT)
Now that you ask and got me thinking, I'm not
sure if it's an actual 300B or not.  The guy I
bought it from told me it was, but if I remember
right, it has hydraulic lifters.  (I only had the
valve covers off once.) It is a fresh rebuild,
and I checked with the shop that did the work to
be sure it was really a fresh build.  They told
me that it has a custom ground cam ground by some
outfit in Dallas that does NASCAR cams. It has a
cast iron 2X4 setup, so I took the guy's word
that it was a 300B.   I know that it would
produce a little more power with headers, but I'm
building this car as much for nostalgia as true
speed (I mean, how much speed can I expect with a
basically stock street motor??? 150 if I'm
lucky???)and I think all hemis should have
stacks.  Kinda' dumb, but it's what I want to do.
I could probably take the 350 4bbl out of my GMC
pickup and go faster than I will with the hemi -
but it's not the same.

Dick J