Preheating Oil / Water

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Preheating Oil / Water
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:50:04 -0700
I have seen tons of ways of Preheating both of these... So far we have only
run the Mile at Maxton and we haven't preheated anything other then warming
up the Motor and getting some heat in it so the Aluminum Rods won't get run
Cold.....

Is the Preheating Oil and Water without running the engine a requirement?

Oh and I was going to ask what if anything I should do with the 2 months
the motor is going to sit waiting for Bonneville.  Should I leave it as is
and run it each couple of weeks.... or should I just back the valves off
and let it sit then Prime it and crank it just before we leave?

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )