Re: Frontal area

To: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Re: Frontal area
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:43:11 -0400
John,
When I calculated the frontal area of my Vette for my simulation
software, I measured the TOTAL width (instead of track as book
suggested) X height. Using the suggested formula (track width) I came up
with 19.38 sq ft. Using my own #s I came up with 21 Sq Ft, not much
difference at 55 mph, but substantial at 200.
Ed