Re: [Healeys] Overdrive pressure or clutch slip Step 2!

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive pressure or clutch slip Step 2!
From: Simon Lachlan via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 10:53:59 +0100

--===============1485241203150335673==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA9891.369F7270"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01DA9891.369F7270
        charset="utf-8"

I=E2=80=99ve been back and checked. =C2=BC=E2=80=9D was just an =
arbitrary guesstimate done with finger tips. No, it moves much less.

=20

As to how I adjusted the solenoid=E2=80=99s setting, back in November =
=E2=80=9922, Michael made a couple of WhatApp calls and talked me =
through the procedure with the drill bit. (I knew how to do it but was =
getting nowhere, because of other undedected issues). Very =
kind=E2=80=A6going way beyond the call of duty. We didn=E2=80=99t get a =
good result because, as it turned out, there was a greater problem =
inside the casing.=20

=20

The springs under discussion=E2=80=A6the cone clutch =
etcetc=E2=80=A6.they were all part of the rebuild undertaken by ODSpares =
(+/- 2005). Not necessarily replaced, I suppose but (a) checked as being =
serviceable for the foreseeable long-term future and (b) they=E2=80=99ve =
worked perfectly since then (+/- =E2=80=9905) and since they rebuilt the =
pump half in late =E2=80=9922. So, I=E2=80=99m just wondering why =
they=E2=80=99d go wrong now with so little time/work and mileage.=20

=20

Simon

=20