Re: [Healeys] emergency brake system query-

To: RCobb <rcobb@sonic.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] emergency brake system query-
From: Hank Leach via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 02:49:30 +0000 Ebv8PmsjIqJ2xfEuvRxxlMtX5DHQ+Pi3iqLuGkRf6Y998TeDGmWuTdHMGb0fejuoEUNYcL92mgw9sQ/EwIkF/7d4ZOJwWYdy8nQ=

period,&nbsp; Its meant to activate when you need it and then released for =
driving. The shoes are more than likely frozen to the drums.Heat and =
banging on the face of the drums might release them. =
PDT <br>Subject: [Healeys] emergency brake system query- <br>BJ8 was fully =
functional when parked in storage a couple years ago.&nbsp; Handbrake was =
engaged.<br>Recently, when preparing the car for "re-activation", upon =
releasing the handbrake, the cable disengaged at the lever's pivot point, =
as though the cable/linkages/whatever are binding or frozen. The =
challenges: I have not been able to find documentation that clearly shows =
how the brake cable is run, or how any linkages behind the brake backing =
plates or within the brake drums are configured (which would help direct =
attention to what may need to be freed-up); if it would help to pull the =
rear wheels and drums, there is only a 12" clearance next to the left side =
of the car and maybe 18" on the right side; the car was backed-in and it's =
not feasible to roll the car out of the storage space, as there is a =
significant slope, which would limit the option of jacking the rear of the =
car, while on the slope; I suspect the car would not roll anyway, since the=
 handbrake is functionally engaged. I've jacked the rear up about 14", but =
that does not give me enough visual information to determine the source of =
the problem or how it may be corrected. Suggestions, from those who are =
familiar with how the emergency brake system functions, are solicited. =
$12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.=
net/archive/healeys Healeys@autox.team.net http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/gradea1@charter.=
net</div>