[Healeys] Illusive parts numbers

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Illusive parts numbers
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 14:39:48 -0400

--000000000000998237061352c09d

I have spent many many hours over the last 40 years looking up part numbers
in Austin Healey Parts Manuals.
In all that time I have only EVER come across 2 parts for which a part
number could not be found.
If you are looking for something to do while you wait for spring see if you
can find original part numbers for either of these:
The first is the metal disc (plugs) used on the 2 seat 6 cylinder cars
which need to be removed to access the nuts on the studs which secure the
boot hinges to the rear shroud. These are about 3" in diameter and have a
spring steel retaining bar.
The other is a bracket used in the 100's (about 10" long) that runs between
the steering column steady bracket and the dash (facia) panel. These seem
to have been used on both BN1's and BN2's.

--000000000000998237061352c09d

ns-serif;font-size:small">I have spent many many hours over the last 40 yea=
rs looking up part numbers in Austin Healey Parts Manuals.</div><div class=
=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">I=
n all that time I have only EVER come across 2 parts for which a part numbe=
r could not be found.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-famil=
y:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">If you are looking for something to do =
while you wait for spring see if you can find original part numbers for eit=
her of these:<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:ar=
ial,sans-serif;font-size:small">The first is the metal disc (plugs) used on=
 the 2 seat 6 cylinder cars which need to be removed to access the nuts on =
the studs which secure the boot hinges to the rear shroud. These are about =
3&quot; in diameter and have a spring steel retaining bar.<br></div><div cl=
ass=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small=
">The other is a bracket used in the 100&#39;s (about 10&quot; long) that r=
uns between the steering column steady bracket and the dash (facia) panel. =
These seem to have been used on both BN1&#39;s and BN2&#39;s.</div><div cla=

--===============7692613143923155555==