Re: [Healeys] Steering Box

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering Box
From: Donald Tate <bn2cars@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 19:59:45 -0500
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Bob,
Like you I purchased an uprated steering column for my 65 BJ8.  Today a buddy
and I removed the old one and replaced it with the new one.
I donâ??t believe it can be done with the grille surround in place as every bit
of room was needed.  We even had to remove the 2 plates at the fire wall to
gain the extra space afforded by the holes in the firewall.  We didnâ??t need
to mess with the radiator.
Otherwise it was fairly straightforward and it was made easier with a helper.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Don Tate
Sent from my iPhone