geez

Re: Extreme GEEZ opinions?

To: bshort@AFSinc.com (Byron Short)
Subject: Re: Extreme GEEZ opinions?
From: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:36:43 -0800 (PST)
Byron wrote:
> I really do plan on it, but time is not my ally these days.
> We are working on some new stuff though, so just stand by...

I'll be patiently standing until my legs get tired :)

> Also, on adjusting maps, Darren mentioned that he finds it
> tedious to set up a map right.  I was just working with a
> user in SD at the Tour who was struggling with this.  He
> showed me his adjustment he had done, and he had set pretty
> much every adjustment he could find on page 2 of the
> adjustment dialog.  The map was still pretty ugly.  He told
> me he took 30 minutes to get that far.
-SNIP-
> The moral here is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you
> are having trouble with your map adjustments read the
> tutorial in the help pages.  If you are still having trouble
> with it, then call me and we'll do a map together.

Yeah, tedious in a relative sense of the word.  More tedious
than sitting in a hot tub drinking margaritas, but certainly
less tedious than that it potentially could be.  I agree with
what Byron is saying.  The more I use Geez, the more I just
get the end speed right and make sure the entrance and exit
points are pointed in the right direction and in similar spacial
places and go with it.

I think it's fair to set the expectation that you're not going
to get a picture that is unmistakebly the course you just drove
simply by loading the data.

Not Geez' fault, but a consideration if you're buying the
product for the mapping feature (i.e. trying to see where to
brake or which line to take).  That info can of course generally
be derived from the data, but several people I know don't want
to analyze data, they just want to see an overlap view of the
different lines they took (kind of like the ghost mode in Gran
Turismo).  I don't believe GPS is that accurate yet (espeically
in this price range), but maybe sometime in the future.  I would
still like to see what Byron could do with Geez data combined
with a wheelspeed sensor.

        --Darren

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list