geez

Re: Extreme GEEZ opinions?

To: edcavalier@usa.net
Subject: Re: Extreme GEEZ opinions?
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:07:28 EST
My wife and I use GEEZ. It works very well for tuning the driver, not so much
for the car though.

With only one driver, it can show alot of things, especially big errors. I
can easilly see where I have made mistakes, and have a good idea how to
correct them. In the rain, I can peg out the GEEZ at 99% smoothness and
usage, so it does no help much there, but where you have alot of grip, it
will show where on course you are not using what the car can do. My biggest
problem was coasting into turns. This really showed up, usage would fall like
a rock about 1/2 sec before the curve, DOH!! You can also see if you are
doing good transitions and using the brakes well.

Add a second driver, and it shows a whole new perspective. Even small errors
can show up when the other driver does not make the same error. If one driver
can pull 1.2G's and the other is only getting 1.0 in the same place, then
they are not at the limit. Also gives a good idea of vehicle limits, maybe
one driver is getting better acceleration out of turns, but the other is
faster in the turn. I found many places my wife was actually carrying more
speed than me, even with a slower overall time. Hmmm. She went faster where I
was quicker, and I went faster where she was quicker. We both went faster,
and the gap closed alot. At the 2000 Nationals she even beat my fastest time
on the north course, and took the ESL championship doing it.

GEEZ certainly works.

Gary and Sara Meissner

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list