fot

[Fot] TR sleeve protrusion .011

To: Friends Of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR sleeve protrusion .011
From: Philip Gott via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:38:32 -0400
Has anyone had experience with the cylinder sleeves protruding .011â??? The
head has been staked per Kasâ??s book.
I am trying to build an engine quickly (avoiding machine shop delays) and have
a block with billet crank and Chris Marx seal installed. It has been decked
already. Also line bored and cam bearings and cam installed and timed. I want
to know if I can assemble this with confidence or if I am asking for trouble?
I donâ??t anticipate problems with oil or water sealing as I will use Hylomar
on a .020â?? steel head gasket with the raised corrugating around the oil and
water galleys.
The crank broke and a cylinder sleeve cracked in â??old reliableâ?? during a
test day.
Please advise.
Thanks and regards,
Phil Gott