fot

[Fot] Final drive (differential) oil

To: Friends Of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Final drive (differential) oil
From: Philip Gott via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 21:53:01 -0400
Amici:
At the risk of opening Pandoraâ??s box, May I ask what gear oil you would
recommend for the rear end in my TR4A (solid axle)? I am running Mobil 1 75-140
and found some metal flakes on my magnetic filler plug after Pitt Race. Usually
there are some whiskers, but the metal flakes are concerning. The rear end is a
welded diff carrying a relatively new (3 seasons) 4.1 gear set.  I have yet to
pull the cover. Backlash seems â??normal.â?? The rear end was set up by Quantum
Mechanics whom I trust.
What do you all run for oil (brand and viscosity) and what is your experience?
Thanks and regards,
Phil

Sent from my iPhone