fot

[Fot] TR6 Oil Pump Pickup Thread

Subject: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pump Pickup Thread
From: william.tobin31 at verizon.net (Bill Tobin)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:05:25 -0400
I finally dug out an old oil pump, and a newer reproduction.
My findings: the old/original pump has 3/4 (.750) x 20 tpi.
The new pump, a Powertune, measured out to be 18.8mm (approx .740") x 1.5mm
thread pitch. Obviously metric. The new pump looked inferior in quality to the
old pumps. Who knew?!!!!!

Both threads are straight threads, not tapered pipe threads. If any of you need
to thread tapered pipe threads, I have tapered reamers for the job. I have all
kinds of crap lying around. Don't know where it all came from..........
All my measurements came using either Starrett or Mitutoyo instruments. Not
China Freight. Life's too short to use cheap tools. Or ride cheap bikes. Or
drink cheap beer. But I digress.
Cheers, Bill