fot

[Fot] Part 2

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Part 2
From: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:35:16 -0400
Re: the TR6 diff and side bearing preload.
Shims are supposed to be added or subtracted from under the side bearing cones
to set backlash/preload, correct?
Luckily I bought a bunch of Chrysler/Miller Detroit special tools when a local
dealership closed. The bearing pullers and inserts actually work great on the
TR6 diff. Got lucky. I can pull the bearings off and reinstall without
destroying them. I had to make a couple of spacers on the lathe but they work
great. Sometimes you do get lucky...........
If anyone needs their 8 3/4 Mopar diff worked on let me know.
Cheers, Bill
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive