fot

Re: Crankshaft Bolts Again?

To: jsnook@wcnet.org, rem9@sunlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Bolts Again?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:39:23 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/03 7:32:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jsnook@wcnet.org
writes:

<< The new group would be open to non-VSCCA cars from the early 60s as I
 understand it.  I'm guessing your Spit would be welcome as long as it's not
 too overly prepared!  I think my TR3 would also be eligible.

I flagged for this event a few years ago for four or five years in a row.  I
am not sure what earlier rules of snobbery applied for this event.  It seemed
that Triumphs were pretty much black balled, since they were the called
"Fords" of the sports car world.  One guy got his TR-4 admitted by joining a
club in
Canada several years ago.  They didn't want to insult the Canadians.  He then
drove in from next door Bethel Park. I believe that his welcome ran out when
he batted a Porsche in the rear.

There was a TR-3 admitted a few years ago.  Someone gave me a picture of it,
which is hanging on a filing cabinet in our basement.  Maybe the Spitfire that
participated showed up and they let him in, or the three of us mistook
something else for it.  I cannot find it listed in the program.  A complete
list of
the competitors is on www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com.  Maybe my Windows 98
is getting old, or I picked up a virus.  I can now barely do email, and can
get practically nothing off of the Internet.