fot

Re: Axles - IRS Corvair mod

To: marshall@nefcom.net, n196x@mindspring.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axles - IRS Corvair mod
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:32:54 PDT
>From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
>To: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>, fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Axles - IRS Corvair mod
>Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:04:29 -0400
>
>At 02:29 PM 7/31/00 -0400, Richard Taylor wrote:
> >Amici,

>Along this same line... Has anyone who's used the Corvair rear spindle in
>an IRS 4A or 6 had one break?

  I read somewhere Group 44 did that for a racing mod... I think they
  also uses half shafts from a Mercedes 190 for the inners as well...

  Bill Warner, Am I right or was I dreaming? (think the article was in
  British Car back when you had the car at Mid-O the first time)... For
  you Vitess and GT6 types  I think the Corvair hubs were used in that
  application as well... You may want to check on that though...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)