Re: [Roadsters] CA Datsun

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] CA Datsun
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:04:58 -0800
I second Pete's observation. Frame offs are very spendy and time consuming.
Drop the engine in, drive it, get attached (or not-unlikely), Get to know the
car and what is likely to need to be fixed and explore the community to get
some idea of the costs/time involved in doing a frame off.What can YOU do, and
what needs to be farmed out.  Get the parts you need, way cheaper when you are
looking for the future as opposed to RIGHT NOW.I have never done a frame-off -
but good paint alone will run you $3K+ and since you will have a beautufil
paint, then  chrome etc - bumpers seem to run $300+ etc.etc.etc.Check out
Solvang for paint choices, mods etc.Welcome to SoCal - and SD is a bitchin'
town - especially if you can learn to love the sea as opposed to lakes <G> -
only one body of water to choose from as opposed to 1000 - LOLGood luck and
keep us posted

Peter Harrison
818 448 3181

> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 21:19:55 +0000
> From: ppeters914@comcast.net
> To: cppcastronovo@gmail.com; datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] CA Datsun
>
> Before you do the "while I'm at it" and end up not driving it for another
couple of years, I suggest you drop the engine in and drive it while you plan
and save for the frame-off. You'll be up and running for the Solvang meet in
April where you'll get plenty of ideas for your car.

> Just sayin'....
>
> Pete "who no longer wonders why it takes years to redo a roadster"

CA
> or
> >> do I need to start tracking down the emmision parts?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Art

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/ljordan704@netscape.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/ppeters914@comcast.net