Re: [Roadsters] MPG good?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] MPG good?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 15:00:24 -0600
Our original 2000, bought new in the spring of '70, was our only car for
most of the next year. Bone stock, I remember it regularly getting in the
high 20 mpg range, on premium leaded.  Most of my daily driving was a
straight 35 mile commute on I-35 between Fort Worth and Denton. On longer
road trips we'd get in the low 30s.

We bought our first 510, a 4-door, the next spring. It was stock except for
a set of Michelin radials. It didn't take me long to swap out the OE steel
wheels for a set of 5 1/2 x 13 gloss black Corvair rims and Baby Moons. The
combo looked pretty good against the '71 orange paint. I seem to recall the
510 regularly getting in the low 20s, but that was with a lower compression
ratio than the Roadster.

Gas was in the mid to high 20 cents range, with premium usually a couple of
cents higher than regular!