Re: [Roadsters] MPG good?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] MPG good?
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 09:53:00 -0800
(Getting onto this thread very late)

When I was driving my 2000 on a daily basis, I typically got about 20 mpg
around town. This was a built U20 (cam, higher compression, Mikunis, 3.89
diff).

The best documented highway mileage I ever got was once when I drove from
Seattle to Hood River, OR, a known distance of 240 miles with virtually no
elevation change. I filled the tank 2 blocks before I got on the freeway,
drove there at about 70 mph, and filled the tank immediately upon getting
off the freeway. It took 6.3 gallons. 240/6.3 = 38 mpg!

With the cam I had, it was just coming well into the power band at 70 mph in
5th, so I hardly had to use any throttle to maintain that speed.

Gordon Glasgow