Re: [Roadsters] Help!!

To: Jim Svedise <svedise@hotmail.com>, Datsun Club <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Help!!
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:21:26 -0700
Jim,

And the car is a ______?

I presume you are referring to the primary
wire to the coil.  It should be hot when the key is on, but, it will only be
grounded when the key is off if the points are closed.  If the points are
open, you'll have an open circuit.

Either you have a spook in the wiring, or
the ignition switch is not as good as you think it is.  I suspect the switch
behaves differently when hot than cold.  I don't know whether the ballast
resistor could come into play here.

Gary