[Roadsters] carb problems?

To: "Datsun" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] carb problems?
From: "dave n" <dave@ranteer.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 22:59:50 -0500
two issues Ibm having with an early 67 roadster

1.  typically, until you run the car for 15 or 20 minutes, it doesnbt like
to go above 4500 rpm.  tonight I took it out on the freeway, and after about
15 minutes at 65 I could get it to run over 4500 or 5000.  up until then, it
just hit a wall (so to speak).

2. after running for about 30 minutes at 60 to 75, I pulled it into a large
parking garage.  wasnbt cold, but was not as hot as outside.  turned it off,
did a few things, then it wouldnbt start.  no biggie as that is where it
currently lives.  back on July 4th in the evening I had gone to get it, drove
it home, and then it wouldnbt start.  later it started up and ran just fine.
always starts right up when cold.  Ibm sure it will start in the morning.

Ibm thinking I have carb issues?  newly rebuilt/refurbished dizzy with
pertronix, good solid coil, electric fuel pump (which, btw, is in the engine
compartment).

I do not know the history of these carbs; there is no telling the last time
they were rebuilt or serviced.  Ibve had the car since 2006 and its been
mostly apart since then or sitting.  does not get driven much, especially now
that I have to be careful about taking it somewhere.