[Roadsters] U20 Head Info Needed (Tom Hendricksen)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] U20 Head Info Needed (Tom Hendricksen)
From: stevenehlers@charter.net
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:39:53 -0400 (EDT)
Oops ! Sorry people for the band width without posting removal.....

Hey Tom Hendricksen,

The Stock heads were about 4.528"  or 115 mm . This engine stock is 9.5
to 1 ,so Super Unleaded is
needed on a Fresh and or healthy engine . If you have cut .020 to .030
cut from bottom only in past ,you were closer to 10 to 1 and you must
use super ,unless serious chamber work is done . This is something I
learned to do more than 30 years ago on a U-20 . I also recommend that
you have Steel type intake seats installed ,due to pounded out brass
ones and the fact we only have Unleaded now . Rocker arm Geometry issues
and  cam stand shims are the norm for old used and previously heavily
warped 2-liter heads . Dean and Dann can enlighten you if you wanted
more opinions and info .

Steve Ehlers
Rising Sun Performace Inc.
Texas's oldest Datsun Z car Specialty Shop