[Roadsters] Porting, Polishing, Squish, Quench, and Turbulence.

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Porting, Polishing, Squish, Quench, and Turbulence.
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:11:36 -0700
A good discussion of the above topics, David Vizard is among the posters and
the following quote is from one of his posts:

The point about the course grit emery roll is one that novices should really
pay attention too. a 60 grit emery roll on the intake not only removes what
ever nasty bumps there may be but also helps offset the rivulet flow of wet
fuel deposits. Any intake port that has a super shine is designed to catch the
un-informed novice who stiil believes that 'port and polish' is for real. The
only place a shine should exist is in the chamber or exhaust and that is not
to the exclusion of any surface designed to shear running fluids.

Remind me down the road that I have an interesting story about polished ports
and difficult to convince folk who still think a polish is the bee's knee's.
DV

http://www.gofastnews.com/board/engine-technology/33-cylinder-turbulence-burn
-rate-8.html

It is a long thread at 21 pages, but a very good discussion!

Happy Reading!
Daryl