Re: [Roadsters] belt problem

To: "'roadsterlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] belt problem
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:52:23 -0400
I usually use a wire brush and brakleen to get all the crap off the
pulleys, Dayco top cogs are the best belts I've found.  If the pulleys
are parallel, the only other problem may be the drive and driven pullys
are made for different width belts.  If you can't match pulley widths,
it may never be right.  You probably know this, but avoid excess belt
tension as it's hard on the waterpump bearings.

Dave Brisco
ECR