Re: [Roadsters] 5-point harness laws

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 5-point harness laws
From: "Eric Gillis" <egillis@ceres.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:32:17 -0800
Steve & others -

I just read a similar post on the GrassrootsMotorsports forum.  The Schroth
seem not to be DOT approved in reality, however I have not checked this
myself.  It would seem that 4,5, and 6 pt harnesses aren't going to be DOT
approved due to the inability to 'duck' with them on.  Check out the thread on
grassrootsmotorsports.com

Needless to say, lets put last weeks 'elk tale' together with the 5 pt harness
question and, well, you can guess what would happen.

I found new 3 point vintage (DOT) lift latch style similar to original, bolted
in original location, with Miata seats, with just enough space to bend over
and kiss my rear goodbye during a rollover with my 'show bar' installed.

Eric G
Modesto, CA