RE: Ball Joint project update 11/5

To: "'Ronnie Day'" <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>,
Subject: RE: Ball Joint project update 11/5
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 07:56:35 -0800
>I hope that following the development of this project has helped others
realize how difficult, not to mention expensive, it can be to recreate
seemingly "small" parts for our toys. If we'd realized early in the life
of the cars, maybe we'd taken better car of them. :>) Seriously, Linda,
thanks for investing your time and effort to see this project through.

It's quite an effort. And a ball joint is a fairly simple component.
Take a look at other parts and mentally "Manufacture" them. Hold a U20
oil pump in your hand and try to discern the process in creating that
part. Besides the design and planning, how many castings? How many
stampings? How many machining steps? Wow! When some of these parts are
gone....

Victor Laury
Downtown Los Angeles
70 SRL Roadster