Speedo swap help needed

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo swap help needed
From: "steb" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:55:24 -0500
I'm swapping a 1968, 2000, 160mph speedometer with a 1970, 1600, 140mph
speedometer and have a few questions. Contact me off list so we don't
bore the group.

Must I also swap the cable transmission cable, 5-speed verses 4-speed
transmissions?

For the high beam light bulb connector, the 68 has a metal to metal bulb
connectors and the 70 has a flush opening that a plastic clip fits into.
The 70 has two wires into this connector, a red and red/white. Why two
wires on the 70 140 mph? Do I need to swap these as well?

Thanks

Steve Harvey