RE: sticking throttle

To: "Brian Reynolds" <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: sticking throttle
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:48:00 -0700
Brian,

There are two return springs on the throttle shaft.  If the spring on the
rear carb is broken the rear carb will not shut down when you lift the
throttle.  I learned that on a lonely I5 late one night.  I always carry a
spare spring now.  To fix the problem I took the spring from the front carb
and used it alone on the rear carb.  It did the trick until I found a Datsun
dealer the next day.

You could have a weak spring or two.  Especially on the rear carb.  If you
don't have throttle shaft bushings in your carbs be careful how much spring
pressure you put on throttle shaft.  Too much pressure will wear the carb
bodies faster.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com
http://www.nowroc.org

Both sites are back and running again after a hosting service disappeared on
us.