Starting Problem

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starting Problem
From: "Notebaart, Tom E (STP)" <Tom.Notebaart@guidant.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:48:25 -0500
Hi List,

Maybe someone can help with resolving this issue.  I just put on the rebuilt
carbs I got from Keith W. (thanks Keith!).  I charged up the battery, as the
car has sat all winter and part of the summer.  When I tried to start it, I
turned the key, and ...nothing, not even a click.  The headlights do not come
on either, with the key in the "on" position.  So far I have verified that the
battery is good.  I have cleaned the battery terminals, and cleaned both cables
and the ground connection -still nothing.  I am now thinking that the ignition
switch may be bad, or maybe my ammeter somwhow blew during the winter
(shouldn't have, as it ran when I put it away).  Any thoughts about how to
proceed would be appreciated!

Tom Notebaart
'69 2000 (temporarily in a coma)