Re: CARB FLOAT BOWL LEAKING

To: LJordan704@netscape.net
Subject: Re: CARB FLOAT BOWL LEAKING
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:19:20 -0500
Linda,

Yea, you would think so, but I bought 2 new brass floats from the dealer
and both of them sank within a year, within 2 weeks of each other.  It
may have been that they were in the same batch at the factory and had a
manufacturing defect, I can't say. The floats I replaced with the brass
floats were also brass. They were in the car for about 10 years before
they sank. The plastic floats did fine for about 5 years, then I parked
the car "for a few months" for an engine overhaul. That was 2.5 years
ago. I "think" I will get to the overhaul this summer, unless something
else comes up as a higher priority!

Let's hear other's tales of brass vs. plastic floats!

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --