Re: CARB FLOAT BOWL LEAKING

To: "DAVID J. PEAY" <djp4@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: CARB FLOAT BOWL LEAKING
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 10:37:57 -0500
David,

You may either have some crud holding the needle off its seat, or you
may have a float that is leaking. Pop the cover off of the float bowl an
take a look at the float. If it is brass, order a replacement, whether
you need it now or not - you will. If you find black plastic floats, it
is probably something keeping the needle from seating. If you have brass
floats, take them out and shake them. If you hear something sloshing
around inside, it is bad. Replace it.  I bought some new brass floats
several years ago, only to have them start leaking within a year.
Replaced them with the plastic floats and have not had any trouble
since--at least not with the floats!

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --