Re: 280z Brake Master Cylinder help

To: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 280z Brake Master Cylinder help
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:50:36 -0600
Paul,

I believe the shims are used to space the MC out so that there is a
slight bit of play with the pedal fully up. Add as many/few shims as
necessary to allow the MC to fully retract. Some actuating rods are
adjustable, so just adjust the rod and leave the shims out.

Aren't the shims  built to move the whole MC out, or  are they used only
on the top or bottom of the MC? If they are only used on top or bottom,
use them to line up the center line of the MC with the center line of
the actuator.

Peace,
Pat

67.5 1600 w/o shims

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --