G15 re-build in progress.

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: G15 re-build in progress.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:16:13 +1030
Just a quickie on my '65 G15 engine rebuild.
Block: required 4 cylinder sleeves, the corrosion was too severe to hone
out.
Pistons: originals retained with new small end bushes.
Head: cracked in two places in #2 combustion chamber, will be welded up.
Seats and guides: to be converted to handle ULP.
Crank: mains ground to 1st under size for freshness.
Cam: requires 1st under bearings or building up to stock diameter for stock
bearings.
Valve: faces are very thin, probably all will be replaced.
Obviously there was a meltdown when the head gasket let go, but it is all
fixable;)
Will post some pics. on my Imagestation when I get it all home.
$$ are yet to be determined.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310